Thank you for considering to join ECSJ. ECSJ is a society of researchers and engineers mainly in Japan involved in electrochemical field. Members from overseas subscribe to and submit the academic journal “Electrochemistry” issued by ECSJ, and can obtain the benefits described below. Applicants can obtain membership by completing the procedure from the designated website and paying the admission fee and the annual membership fee for the first year.
- Members will receive, free of charge, a subscription to “Electrochemistry”, the journal of the Society. Individual and honorary members will receive one copy each; supporting and special supporting members will receive copies in accordance with the number of membership or size of contribution.
- Individual and honorary members are eligible to contribute research papers to the Society’s journal.
- Members are eligible to read papers at the conventions and other meetings of the Society.
- Members are eligible to participate in study groups, discussion groups, lecture meetings, study tours, and all other activities undertaken by the Society, its Branches and Divisions
- Members are eligible to join the various Branches and participate in their activities. Members may, if they so desire, serve on the Divisions.
- The Society is recognized by the Japan Patent Office.
After entering the necessary personal information on the website for membership application, the applicant will be required to pay Admission Fee and Annual Membership Fee for the first year as shown below. The annual membership fee is due for the current fiscal year (January-December). On the Member My Page, the payment method and invoice are informed. Applicant can choose the payment methods either credit card or bank transfer. For rapid admission process, credit card payment is highly recommended for applications from overseas. If you join in the middle of a fiscal year (January-December), you will be required to pay the full annual membership fee. The annual membership fee for the following year will be invoiced by e-mail in November of each year.
|Class||Description||Admission Fee||Annual Membership Fee|
|Honorary Membership||Honorary members are individuals who, as set forth in the articles of incorporation, are recognized at a General Meeting of the Society as being of distinguished stature, achievement or experience.|
|Individual Membership||Individual members are those who possess the qualifications set forth in the articles of incorporation, and who have submitted the prescribed application.||2,000 JPY||11,000 JPY|
|Student Membership||Student members are inidividuals who are pursuing a full time course at a recognized institution of higher learning.||1,000 JPY||4,500 JPY|
|Corporate Membership||Supporting members are organizations which agree with the objectives of the Society, and, to support the furtherance of its activities.||10,000 JPY||A share 40,000 JPY|
|Special Corporate Membership||Special supporting members are organizations which agree with the objectives of the Society, and, to support the furtherance of its activities.||30,000 JPY||100,000 JPY|
|Subscription Membership||Subscription Members A are organizations or individuals which agree with the objectives of the Society, and to support the furtherance of its activities.||A share 6,000 JPY|
Please contact us at the following address.
Nihon-Kodokai Building 7F, 3-1-6, Nishikanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0065
Membership section of The Electrochemical Society of Japan
TEL +81-(0)3-3234-4213 / FAX +81-(0)3-3234-3599