Collection of Personal Information
ECSJ collects a variety of information voluntarily provided by users of various services provided by ECSJ and persons involved in the examination and selection of ECSJ related services. When collecting personal information, the purpose shall be clearly stated and be based on the consent of the provider.
Use of Personal Information
ECSJ may use Personal Information provided for the following purposes. In addition, Personal Information provided will not be disclosed or provided to a third party without the approval of the person unless specifically noted otherwise.
- To verify personal identity and provide you with personalized service, answer your requests, process your requested services (i.e., membership or meeting/event notifications), and track your engagement.
- Providing necessary information related to the operation of ECSJ, such as sending general meeting assembly notifications, admission approvals, membership fee requests, etc., and communication between members.
- In addition to the above, surveys for providing information and improving services related to various services of ECSJ. In any of the following cases, personal information may be used, disclosed, or provided for purposes other than the above collection purposes.
- When based on the provisions of laws and regulations
- With the consent of the provider
- When entrusting all or part of the handling of personal data to the extent necessary to achieve the services of ECSJ (e.g. providing name and shipping address to an external vendor handling shipping)
- When providing bibliographic information, including personal information, contained in the publications (including society and academic journals) to the organization in which the articles are published and to third party organizations in accordance with regulations established by the organization in which the articles are published.
Management of Personal Information
ECSJ is committed to taking reasonable efforts to secure the provide Personal Information, and we use a variety of security procedures to help protect against unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure, or destruction of Personal Data.
How to Access and Change Personal Information
You have the right to access your Personal Information. In case you request ECSJ to access, remove, or change your Personal information, ECSJ will respond within a reasonable time frame. Upon request, ECSJ will provide you with information about the contents of your Personal Information.
Enactment on June 6, 2006
Transition to a public interest incorporated association on January 4, 2012
Translation to English on September 22, 2020
Revised by the Board of Directors on February 21, 2022.